Recess Urban Recreation
470 Carolina St, San Francisco, CA 94107
I first took my tiny human to Recess when he was 8 months old. I visited as part of the Golden Gate Mother’s Group (GGMG) monthly weekend free play. I have returned for many similar visits as he has become a young toddler.
- Separate gated space for crawlers and new walkers
- Large variety of age appropriate toys and activities
- Offers a variety of classes and other services for parents
- Has toddler friendly snacks for sale
- Layout of the larger section can create trip hazards
- It would be hard to watch kids in both sections at the same time
- Membership or day pass typically required for entry
- Sensory lab not open during GGMG weekend play hours
Thoughts: This is my favorite play space for crawlers, with its large dedicated section just for them. It also has a variety of age appropriate toys and activities to help tiny humans work on their gross and fine motor skills through play. There are also intentionally generic structures in the older play space to invite imaginative play.
Keep in Mind: Adults and tiny humans need to wear socks in the play space. Avoid nuts if you are bringing your own snacks as it is a nut-free facility.